Saturday, October 8, 2011

And I don't even have time to post a pin to pinterest.

Let alone update my blog...

People.

It's October 8 (happy birthday to my dear sis, Chrissie), and I am already drowning in this teaching profession of mine. It feels like ALL I do is teach, plan, grade, email, work with students, and the list goes on...

Something about this year of teaching has made life harder. I teach 2 "preps" which means I teach 2 different subjects. That takes up more time. But I think the difference comes with knowing more about what good teaching is. My 1st year of teaching consisted of me just throwing assignments at kids; just wanting to have something planned so that they stay occupied for 85 minutes. Now, I realize that giving students certain types of work can sometimes be busy work. I am trying to be effective; teaching students skills as well as content that they can transfer to other subjects and to future classes.

So here I sit on a Saturday. Thinking I should lesson plan. Or grade. Or answer emails. I have no desire whatsoever...

Couple the teaching craziness to life craziness. Staying on top of my calling, still trying to be an involved family member and a good friend. Exercising and eating well takes time too. Also, keeping the social life progressing has been taking lots of time lately :)

All I want to do is read a good book, not sit in crazy lines to get my oil changed, explore DC in the fall, take a road trip, and freakin' post a pin to pinterest (check it out if you haven't, pinterest.com)

I know many of you feel the same way. And I know balance is key. But balance has been wobbly. And I fear falling flat on my face.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I think I can face reality now.

No comments: