Sunday, March 7, 2010

Freedom Writer...kind of.


My roommate, KA, always tells me that I am her favorite Freedom Writer and that she is my number 1 fan. It makes me smile cause I don't really want to follow Hilary Swank's example in the movie, Freedom Writers, to the same extreme.

However, I am grateful for opportunities to take my students on a sunny Saturday afternoon to the American History Museum. I got to share with them my love of history. They were grateful that I gave them 20 extra credit points for coming. I am grateful that they humored me with my stories and explanations.

Not sure if I'm up to Freedom Writer status, but I do try to love these students and believe that they can succeed if they put their minds to it.

A hard job, but sure worthwhile.


3 comments:

Chrissie said...

I've always thought you were the Freedom Writer kind of teacher. I wish I could sit in on one of your classes sometime.

DiaNe said...

SUCH a grownup!

linda said...

I loved the picture. Great job in interacting with the kids.